Data Governance ManagerApply Job ID 12747 Date posted 09/08/2023
Job Family:Data Engineering & Architecture Consulting
Up to 25%
Ability to Obtain Public Trust
What You Will Do:
- Define and guide the overall approach and timeline.
- Conduct interviews with client stakeholders to assess current metadata management and data governance capabilities and refine use cases associated with metadata management, taxonomy, and ontology development.
- Translate these use cases into requirements to communicate to the technical implementation team to implement into Alation.
- Collaborate closely with business stakeholders to ingest and analyze existing data dictionaries, business glossaries, and taxonomies to determine the existence of metadata gaps, alignment with controlled vocabularies, and potential contribution to increase usability, reliability, and search/discoverability of data assets associated with the Alation adopters’ use cases.
- Provide guidance in setting the relevant workflows, roles, views, audit reports, and other execution and monitoring concepts within Alation to support governance of the data inventory development.
- Provide guidance in supporting lineage creation in Alation.
- Strong understanding of the data lifecycle
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor's degree is required
- Minimum of 4 years of hands-on experience implementing Alation data catalog, data governance, data lineage, data privacy, and data quality capabilities
- Minimum of 4 years of hands-on experience implementing an enterprise metadata management programs, including deployment of enterprise taxonomy and ontology, and delivering enterprise metadata and/or content management solutions
- Strong command of Alation configuration including, but not limited to metamodels, roles, permissions, workflows, views, and monitoring
- Proven experience in defining, implementing, and operating a data governance bodies, including typical data governance policies, processes, and standards
- Working knowledge of data management industry best practices such as DAMA DMBOK, CMMI DMM, EDM Council DCAM
- Experience with project and program management best practices and agile delivery methodologies
What Would Be Nice To Have:
- Experience in a top-tier commercial or public sector consulting firm
- Data Management certification (e.g.., CDMP or Collibra) from an industry recognized standards organization demonstrating knowledge of metadata management, data governance, and data cataloging
- Working knowledge of federal requirements impacting data, such as the Federal Data Strategy, the Evidence Act, and other relevant laws and regulations that impact data
- US Citizen strongly preferred,
What We Offer:
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive bonus
Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
401(k) Retirement Plan
Basic Life & Supplemental Life
Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
Student Loan PayDown
Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
Skills Development & Certifications
Employee Referral Program
Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.