Construction Project ManagerApply Job ID 12867 Date posted 09/14/2023
Job Family:Capital Projects & Infrastructure Consulting
Ability to Obtain Top Secret (TS)
What You Will Do:
The Construction Project Manager – Senior Level shall support client related projects, to include but not limited to construction, design/build, architecture and engineering, space management, facilities management, real estate, and leasing of large and complex construction projects. This position description provides a baseline of technical areas for the Senior Construction Project Manager; however, this list does not restrict performance requested on other related assignments. The general responsibilities are as follows, to include but not limited to:
• As required, provides on-site construction management oversight during mobilization, site preparation, construction, fit-out, commissioning and occupancy.
• Provides the leadership, oversight, and overall responsibility for the timeliness,
completeness, and quality of multiple construction projects.
• Interfaces with clients to define requirements.
• Provides general oversight of many of the duties and tasks that must be accomplished in the construction and renovation of government real property.
• Able to manage a large multi-faceted project.
• Manages the Project Management Team by maintaining a coordinating relationship with the government agency, its clients, as well as, with the architect-engineers, construction contractors and other contractors supporting the government. When required, delegate tasks and provides technical assistance to the team to include subordinate Project Managers-Mid Level or Assistant Construction Project Managers. Responsible for quality of work products and timeliness of delivery by those team members.
• Provides deep understanding and knowledge of each phase of the construction process, including architectural design and creations of development documents by architects and engineers. Communicates with project team, architects, clients, vendors of the products they are using, and subordinate staff.
• Oversees projects, including tracking metrics and updating logs, leads meetings, user needs and schedule are met.
• Prepares documentation such as the scope of work, technical reviews, and miscellaneous reports.
• Develops charters, acts as a Change Agent Manager, responsible for accountability of project, defines roles and responsibilities, performs project tracking, adopts project management best practices, promotes customer involvement, applies lessons learned from recent projects, promotes good working relationships, enforces effective change control, developing contingency planning and providing recommended solutions, exemplifies project management development and manages project priorities.
What You Will Need:
• US Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a federal TOP SECRET federal security clearance
• Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture, or another related field or an additional 5 years of experience can be substituted in lieu of the degree.
• Professional certifications required for example : Certified Construction Manager (CCM), Project Management Professional (PMP), Professional Engineer (PE), American Institute of Architects (AIA), Registered Architect (RA), ETC
• 15 years of experience managing multi-faceted projects.
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects/activities in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
• Superior communication and organization development skills.
• Experience in managing people. Have strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with and manage cross-functional teams.
• Expert in Microsoft Office and industry/project software packages to include but not be limited to latest versions of (PM Prolog, Newforma, Microsoft Project, Primavera, RS Means, Buzz saw or other cloud-based construction management protocols, etc.).
What Would Be Nice To Have:
• Electrical or Mechanical Engineering experience.
What We Offer:
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive bonus
Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
401(k) Retirement Plan
Basic Life & Supplemental Life
Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
Student Loan PayDown
Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
Skills Development & Certifications
Employee Referral Program
Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.